Tweet Me!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another encounter with Bullies.

Earlier today Aidan had an encounter with Bullies. I wrote about it on Facebook and some on Twitter, so I'll just compile it all here for everyone, and for the general record.

Around 3:30pm -

"OMG WTF! SOME KID DOWN THE STREET JUST BEAT AIDAN UP!!! She punched him several times, and he has an abrasion on his face and ear. He says he doesn't know why, that he didn't hit her or say anything mean to her.

He said she pushed him down and punched him in the face and the head and legs, and pulled his ear. He couldn't tell me what words she said. I'm so upset right now, angry and sad that this could happen to my child. I don't know what to do.

He says that there were three kids - the little girl was the one hitting him and one of the other kids, an older boy, was taking pictures. He said he's never played with them before, but that once they tried to break his scooter."

A couple of people made suggestions:  

"Well I suggest you talk to her parents, prob better after you calm down. If that doesn't get anywhere, contact the police."

"ugh I hate bullies. I'm so sorry! maybe take pictures of the injuries..?"

I responded:

"I don't know where the kids live - and I am sure that if their parents are anything like the other parents in the neighborhood then it will just come down to a case of he said-she said. It's happened before, although never before has a kid punched him."

And then about half an hour later:

"Are you freaking KIDDING ME?! The kids just came back down here and asked if he could come back out and play. I asked them what happened...It didn't match up to Aidan's story at all, except that they were playing with lightsabers. I told them he couldn't play anymore with them.Why would he say she punched him with her hands if they were just "playing at hitting each other with lightsabers"?"

To which I received several responses from friends:

"If the kids are still out there, go ask them where they live. For Aiden's sake, the least you should do is talk with the parents."

"I don't think your child is a liar. I DO think you need to take pics of his injuries & set up time to talk w/ other kids' parents. Aidan doesn't make stuff like this up. Sounds like the 3 kids were tormenting him & if there are pics on their cameras it's proof."

 I said:

"We don't know what house they live in, and the kids are gone now. I wish Jeremy were here, so we could find out. I don't do well in situations like this. I'm not sure all the kids are even related."

"I don't know - they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about that. I'm sure they deleted them."

 



 I'm not entirely sure of the whole situation. I don't know the whole story - Aidan told me what he could, and it's entirely possible he was playing rough and left something out, but I still think it was inexcusable for her to punch him and for other kids to take pictures. It's not just Aidan - he gets along fine with Jacob and Jonas and Briley and her brothers, as well as the kids at school. The only problems I've really seen are with the kids today and the next door neighbor kids who are very verbally abusive.  I'm still very upset over it, but Aidan seems to be okay for now. He definitely will not be playing with those children again. 

2 comments:

  1. You dealt with this MUCH better than I would have. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from knocking on every door in the neighboorhood. Hope this gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! I do NOT know what I would do, and I can barely type through my tears! How awful and how sad and how enraging!
    -Gypsy

    ReplyDelete