Tweet Me!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Surprise Surprise

Apparently, Aidan  can do math.  Go figure.  We know he's a smart cookie, there's no doubt about that, but I don't think I was even doing math (okay I still don't do math), let's say my brother instead, I don't think he was doing math that quickly when he was 6.

So this morning while Aidan's getting ready for school, I asked him if he was spending time in the regular kindergarten class and what he's learning in there.  He says he learns about toys, of course, because nothing else is as exciting as new and strange toys.  I asked him if he was doing any math and he said yes.  Well as you can imagine we started asking him math problems.  At first they were simple. "If you have two bakugans and Miss Annie gives you another one, how many do you have?" "Three." No hesitation.  "If you have three bakugans and one of them breaks how many do you have?" "One." Again, not a pause.  "Alright... if you have five bakugan and you buy two more, how many do you have?" "Seven!" o.0

It was such a surprise.  He got bored after that, so of course no more math problems today.  But really? After all of this, he's a math whiz too?  Gee, I got a kid genius on my hands guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment