Tweet Me!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh noes! No circus this year.

We had planned on taking Aidan to the circus today.  Sadly it seems the tickets are sold out.  I honestly dreaded telling Aidan that we couldn't go, because we'd talked about it for a couple of days and he seemed to be really really excited.  I was so proud of him though, when we told him we couldn't go he was upset for a few moments, but was willing to come up with an alternative to keep himself entertained.  I asked him if there was something else he would rather do (I figured he'd ask to go to Sci-Quest or the toy store or something), and he decided he wanted to play with his tornado machine. That was seriously surprising to me.  There was no melt-down, no whining, no begging to go somewhere else or anything.  He was happy to play with his toy (THANKS MAWMAW!) instead of going to the circus.  I feel horrible that he didn't get to go, and that I didn't keep my promise to him, but I didn't realize the circus would sell out!

It's great to see him make progress and learn to take control of his behaviour and his attitude.  I'm so proud of him (even when he has bad days, which are fewer and further between)!

No comments:

Post a Comment